Tropical Layered Cake Recipe
Tropical layered cake recipe gives a fresh and cool dessert. It is not only very easy to make but also happy to enjoy. These tiny and beautiful bars may be an ideal suggestion for your summer parties or friend gatherings.
Ingredients: (For 20 servings)
– 2 cups boiling water
– 1 ½ cups cold water
– 1 pkg. (6 oz.) JELL-O Island Pineapple Flavor Gelatin
– 2 cans (8 oz. each) tropical fruit cocktail, drained
– 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
– ½ cup flake Coconut, toasted
– ½ cup sugar, divided
– ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
– 1 pkg Cream Cheese, softened
– 2 tbsp. milk
– 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
– 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
– Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Add fruit cocktail; mix well. Refrigerate 1 ¼ hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
– Mix graham crumbs, coconut, butter and ¼ cup sugar; press onto bottom of 13×9-inch pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
– Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and milk in large bowl with whisk until blended. Gently stir in 2 cups COOL WHIP and pineapple. – Spread evenly over crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping.
– To toast flake coconut, heat oven to 350°F/180°C. Spread coconut into thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake it for 7 to 12 min, or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
– You don’t use fresh or frozen pineapple, kiwi, gingerroot, papaya, figs or guava because enzymes in these fruits prevent the gelatin from setting.
– Decorate with some diced tropical fruits or some syrup, if desired.