Simple Turkey Oat Meatballs
While kebabs are perfect for an outdoor summer party, meatball skewers are suitable to serve family meals. We can prepare a simple lunch contained some grilled meatballs and a colorful salad. If you like Asian-style meals, a medium bowl of fresh noodle is a great addition. Mix noodle, salad, meatballs together, the sprinkle spicy sauce and enjoy. Believe me! They actually work well. It may be one the best dishes you have ever tasted. Ok, it is high time to try the turkey oat meatballs recipe below.
– 4 spring onion, finely chopped
– 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
– olive oil, for brushing
– 150 gram low-fat natural yougurt
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 1/4 cucumber, roughly grated
– Presoak eight bamboo skewers in cold water for about 20 minutes.
– Place the turkey, oats, spring onions, thyme and egg white in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until evenly combined. Divide the mixture into eight even-sized pieces and shape into ovals around the prepared skewers. Leave to chill in the fridge for an hour.
– Preaheat a grill or barbecue to high. Brush the meatballs lightly with oil and place under the hot grill, turning occasionally, for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and throughly cooked.
– Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix together the yogurt, garlic and cucumber in a small bowl. Sprinkle the meatballl skewers with paprika and serve hot, with the sauce and a mixed salad on the side.
– Prepare up to the end of step 2 then freeze until firm. Pack turkey oat meatballs in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw thoroughly before cooking.